Life lesson learned the hard way . . . again

It is a truth universally acknowledged that people should not trim the back of their own hair, especially if they have incredibly short hair. However, it sometimes seems like a very good idea.

I have a talented, wonderful, beautiful, sexy hairdresser that is capable of doing amazing things with all the hairs on my head. Truly. However, Mr. Neruda and I are trying to save money and I am currently in a phase of hoarding my free time to be used for fun, not errands. Because of these facts,I had a thought.

My hair was mostly fine. I just had an annoying tail growing down my neck that was beginning to unnervingly resemble a mullet. My thought was, a quick few snips and my entire haircut could be stretched another few weeks. Brilliant.

However, it may not have worked out so seamlessly. I will brag a little that for cutting my own hair at the base of my neck, I was pretty straight across. The trouble started when the back was all roughly the same length and the top layer began to do this weird curl under thing. That makes sense though. Layered hair has been a time honored tradition among all the genders of the human race since it has been styled above waist length. I just needed layers.

I think you can see where I am going with this. Suffice it to say that the back is short and, let's say textured, and will frankly need to grow out a bit before a professional can deal with it. So if anyone sees my head in the next few weeks, please do not blame the way it looks on my sexy hairdresser. It isn't her fault.

I would also like to take the time to thank the manufacturers of prenatal vitamins and am in great hope of the rumors being true that they make hair grow faster and nails grow harder.

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment