Prodigy?

I decided the moment I found out I was having a baby that I didn't want to be one of those parents who can only talk about their child and how special and better than all others he is. I mean, those people should know their audience, an audience filled with people who think that about their own child and find the speaker to be a selfish moron.

I will talk about Hux and give updates, but I hope to not give him more credit than he is due.

All that being said, I wonder about how prodigious he might be. On the eighth day of his life Huxley Eliot Neruda rolled over. During an impromptu tummy time on the bed he decided that life on his belly sucked and rolled to his side, something he has done before. We laughed and Mr. Neruda jiggled a toy behind him to entice him to complete the roll. Hux started looking over his shoulder to see the toy and then just completed the roll. That is about 2-3 months early. He has been able to hold hid head up for a few moments at a time since birth and we thought that neat but nothing too fancy. Then this. I think he has some potential here.

My boy kind of is better than all the other babies. Hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. and he's so pretty too! fathers, guard your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I believe I bore a little bit of a lady killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that he already rolled over! Knowing his parents, I don't think anyone will be surprised no matter how much of a gifted genius he turns out to be.

    ReplyDelete