Interesting book title

A few days ago a patron called the library in great need of a book. She was elderly and really wanted me to look up a specific title. The title was The Bondage Breaker.

I fought hard to not snicker at that. Ah, I thought, another older woman who needs her kinky book fix. I love the elderly women who read such books, it gives me hope for becoming old. However, when I researched the book more I found that it was not a romance novel. . .

IT WAS A CHRISTIAN SELF HELP NOVEL!

Mardel's sells it. That shocked me. What a stupid title for a Christian book, it screams slave whore being freed by a Scottish Highlander or something.

I did thoroughly enjoy spending a good deal of the rest of that afternoon thinking up scenarios for what the true plot of the story might be. Some S & M was definitely included.

No comments:

Post a Comment