SUCK!!!!!!!

Well suck! I went through caffeine withdraws like a good little pregnant woman when I found out that I was pregnant. I stopped drinking EVERYTHING, including my sinfully magical, and critical to my well being, Diet Coke. It sucked. It hurt. It was a real morale killer. But I soldiered through it and became a caffeine-free person.

Then I began craving ice cold, liquid refreshment like mad. It was all I could think about. I dreamed about it. I yearned for it with every fiber of my being. And then I found a loop hole. 7-11 Icee Drinks!



They taste like Coke. They are freezing. They are delicious. They are satisfying in a way I have never known. I have been in heaven for a few weeks now.

Then something occurred to me: How are these delicious treats made? Do they use real Coke products by any chance? Am I slowly (and satisfyingly) killing my baby?

I decided to research this conundrum like any self-respecting librarian should. Turns out those delicious frozen treats are just like drinking a large pop. They have caffeine running through every ice crystal.

So I am now off of them. I am now experiencing that wonderful headache that only caffeine deprivation can create. Because the normal pregnancy headaches just weren’t enough of a challenge.

Curses!

No comments:

Post a Comment