Pulitzer Day!!!!!!!!

I LOVE PULITZER DAY!!!!!!!!!! And that day is today.

This is the first year that I have already read the ficiton winner.

And the winner is: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan.

I literally just finished that book about three days ago. I thought it was fine through the first part and then about half way through I became seriously hooked. The way she weaved all those separate stories together was impressive. It was almost a book of short stories, but not quite.

Other winners:

Poetry: "The Best of It: New and Selected Poems" by Kay Ryan (which I've had by my bed for the past two weeks or so. I got to listen to her speak and it was a great experience.)

Nonfiction: "The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer" by Siddhartha Mukherjee (sadly haven't read, but have thought about it, and read the Henrietta Lacks book which is similar it seems)

Those are the main ones I care about. I usually look at the journalists to see if I recognize a name or anything, and I want to care about the drama, history, and biography, but I am usually just kidding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment